Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
I haven't played in a long time, and only opened the L-gate once and it was empty. So I didn't know what to expect on the other side and thought maybe 40k would do it with null beams and plasma weapons (the good ol' wipe out their shields instantly, then hit them with plasma cannons).

I am in a medium sized galaxy, and they came through my gate after it was finished researched immediately, destroyed the outposts and all the mines and research posts in the system, then went back into the L-gate. It has been 10 years since then and they only come out of the gate to clean up the system of any made structures or ships, then go back through the gateway. so pretty much I've been able to by pass around them for the time being. and enjoy the sight of everyone else's territory shirking bit by bit every month.
Grey Tempest is actually the best outcome. All you have to do is kill the hub base in their home system in the cluster and they all instantly vanish, and then you get teraforming for Nanite worlds at only 1k energy each. There's always 16 Nanite worlds in the 7 system cluster and they all go in 1 sector as long as you colonize the Terminal Egress first.. It's actually ludicrously OP how many worlds you get from it.

The Dragons and Gray (where the cluster is empty) are almost totally worthless. Dragons are either kill them for negligible boosts or capture them for crappy ships.

Gray you find a single person you can turn into either a level 10 governor (decent but not much impact with the current sector system) or a single mediocre ship or army.

Dessanu or the Grey Tempest you get 16 colonizable worlds in a single sector.