1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

Default Trying My Hand at a Critical Feat, Lets Hope it's Not a Garbage fire.

Ok, I really like 5e having crit expansion being a limited thing and I wanted to try and create a reasonable feat for those that just really want that extra edge. Thing is I've found some really broken, annoying, and overpowered approaches to this idea and some really lackluster ones as well. The goal is to create something that is neat and flavorful that is neither useless or trampling on the Champions toes. Heck with the benefits this gives, the champion will probably still be able to use this effectively if they want.

Newest Attempt:
    DEADLY PRESICION
    • Choose weapon or spell attacks, attacks made with your selected option score a critical hit on a roll of 19 or 20.
    • When you score a critical hit against a creature you may immediately use your bonus action to shove the creature.
    • Whenever you have advantage on an attack roll you make and hit, you deal an additional 1d10 damage as long as both d20 rolls would hit the target. This additional damage is of the same type as the attack.

For the second bullet I am greatly concerned with the shove mechanic. I wouldn't mind imposing a size limit to it. Additionally, if anyone finds a way to rephase any portion of this to use fewer words and still maintain its effect, I'm open to suggestions. So please lay'em on me. As always, PEACH.

Previous 3rd bullet:
    Spoiler
    Show
    If you hit with an attack and you did not have disadvantage on the attack roll, you can use your bonus action to roll an additional weapon die of damage to the damage dealt.

Spoiler: Old Design
    Show
    DEADLY PRESICION
    • Select four from any combination of the following: one weapon that you are proficient with, melee spell attacks, ranged spell attacks, or your unarmed strikes. Attacks with your selected options score a critical hit on a roll of 19 or 20.
    • When you score a critical hit against a creature may immediately use your bonus action to do one of the following: attempt shove the creature, grant it disadvantage on the next attack roll it makes before the start of your next turn, the next attack made against the creature before the start of your next turn has advantage, or reduce the creatures movement speed by 1/2 until the start of your next turn.
    • If you hit with an attack and you did not have disadvantage on the attack roll, you can use your bonus action to roll 1d8 and add it to the weapon damage dealt.
    Last edited by Gr7mm Bobb; 2019-05-30 at 08:04 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    When questioning matters of whether something in a game is "Broken", one should always consider if it is being implimented beyond its designed intent. This is in addition to looking at how mechanically healthy the questioned material is.