Quote Originally Posted by ZeroGear View Post
That...isn't entirely accurate. I read the original story back in college more than 10 yers ago, but I do remember that Victor Frankenstein made a point that the brain he was using belonged to a criminal. So yeah, he may have dug up parts to study, but he also robbed graves for materials, and I think made a significant point about picking parts that weren't significantly rotted.
So yeah, while you are right that the creature was essentially a newborn in an adult body, it always confused me why he had no memories upon his creation.
Are you sure you’re not remembering that from an adaptation? ´Cause in the book Victor makes a point of not describing the process beyond vague allusions to chemicals.

Sorry, was typing on my phone at the time and didn't have the option of spellchecking your name.
Heh, it doesn’t bother me much. I just hope that if I correct people often enough I eventually won’t have to. Also people generally drop the ‘‘ar’’ or switch the the first ‘‘r’’ and the ‘‘y’’.

Again, it's been a while since I read the source material, so I'm not sure on that. Still, most people call him Dr. Frankenstein because a) it's simpler, and b) it makes him seem more impactful.
That neurotic mess couldn’t recognize the Hippocratic Oath if it spit in his face.