View Single Post

Thread: TW: Imperium IC

1. - Top - End - #170
    Barbarian in the Playground

RogueGuy

Default Re: TW: Imperium IC

Vastadd Capital

Torbin tapped notes into his holopad as Farid explains the details of the plan. Sierra Charlie. It looked like a good plan. This was something that would be beneficial to anyone in the agreement. That wouldn't do. He looked over his projections and scanned for something that might help him. There weren't a lot of people here, but Torbin wasn't particular to the idea of sharing. With the required diversion from University plans, he wanted to secure the most profit. He wanted to protect that profit.

Spoiler: Trade agreement PM
    Show
    Torbin waited until Farid was done and let the silence drift across the room. He spoke with a firm voice. "This is indeed an interesting strategy Duke Farid. I don't know whether it's greed or optimism that drives you, but I for one am pleased by it. Filo will prefer a more aggressive measure for this council, however. With a larger upfront investment [10 university] we believe that the overall benefit would be greater, moving the exponential curve further to the left for each group. With this kind of investment…" Torbin looks to each member before continuing. "We don't need as many people."

He tried to sound reassuring, "I would of course be willing to match any personal stake [prestige investment] and be willing to offer to buy out the other member [offering 2 trade] so they feel that they haven't wasted time." There it was, the layout.

"Now, if this is not possible, I understand. This would be a sacrifice to some of my other areas as well. And more people would displace the burden. My fear is not what happens within the next 20 years, but the next 50. Duchess Vastadd, Duke Starosta, we both share neighbors. What happens if war spreads to us and we need an ally. Our allies are each other's potential rivals as well. Please do not take my suggestions as attacks. What say you all?"

Spoiler: Exile's Consortium: Enigma 5
    Show
    "We hastily must withdraw our invitation. The Laramy civil war has come close to our borders at this time and we cannot in good conscience advise you to come. We will send an envoy to you at the earliest signs of stability. We look forward to discussing opportunities of the future.

Regretfully,
    Admiral Anoa Gilkara
    Last edited by LimSindull; 2019-05-31 at 09:41 AM.
    "I'll get a cool quote, just you wait."
    Here is the backdrop to the first Campaign in my Titan Blood World.
    Bastilonis