Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
I have never noticed when someone has flirted with me.

In high school, I had a girl mockingly pretend to like me (she was popular, I was not) to mess with me, and it seriously affected my perceptions for if people like me or not. Yes, a case could be made that she actually in fact was legitimately pursuing me without knowing the context (especially after seeing the aforementioned statement), but trust me, she was doing it to mess with me and torment me.

I don't know. I'm not even self aware, and I also doubt people like me constantly, so it never crossed my mind someone could actually be into me.
That exact thing happened to me in high school. The worst part was that I had no clue whether she actually was interested, or if she was doing it to mess with me. I ended up paranoid and freaked out, constantly convinced that I was being stalked for some nefarious purpose. I still have no idea whether or not people are interested in me. I can't wrap my head around that idea, and so whenever somebody does try to flirt (or seem like it) it's 50/50 whether I immediately assume I'm the target of a joke.

Complete non sequitur: I made that Ketchup/Dr. Pepper barbecue sauce I was talking about. It came out a little bit sweet and extremely thin, but not at all bad tasting. I hereby enclose a recipe, and encourage people to make some and share their experiences.

Spoiler: Recipe
Show
Dr. Pepper BBQ Sauce

Makes about 6 servings

1. 1 cups ketchup
2. 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
3. 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
4. 1 tablespoons honey
5. 1/4 tablespoon lemon juice
6. 1/2 teaspoon paprika
7. 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
8. 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
9. 1 cup Dr. Pepper

Mix all ingredients together in a small saucepan, then whisk under medium heat until it starts to boil and all ingredients are mixed. Then lower the heat and let simmer for ten minutes, or until it has thickened.