[Faction HQ]

"What happened?" Ith mutters with a sad smile, wiping a hand across her face in some futile gesture to get rid of the tears. "I dunno. Sometimes- sometimes miracles happen I guess. My god's doing, heck maybe my own doing." She pauses to wipe at herself again with the sleeve of her robes, sniffing, trying to get herself back under control.

It's not easy.

She's still shaking.

"A-and then it all gets taken away from you." A cough,a groan, weary eyes stare emptily at Wings. "Gods, I'm so reckless, I'm gon- I'm gonna get myself ****ing killed one of these days. What kind of idiot decides to just valiantly THROW HERSELF IN FRONT OF A DEATH GOD?!" She slams a fist into the wall behind her. Probably puts a dent in it, at least. "And then I felt- I don't know, Wings, if I hadn't been shocked out of my mind by feeling that, I might have just curled up and died right there."

She's exaggerating, a bit. She cut things very close though. Far too close. The shock and the fear is written all over her face. The trauma from the event, supressed at the time, all being unloaded now she's in a "safe" space. And only Ambriel there to deal with it.

"Y-you forget, you know? When you've gone seven decades just having accepted that you can't have kids, only to learn otherwise like this." The tears start streaming again.