1. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Dragons from How to Train Your Dragon in Warhammer 40k scenario

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Simple, in the second instance with titus:
    normal humans die in droves failing to train them, probably led by Rogue Traders

then Space Marines come along and succeed. bonus points if they form an ultramarines successor chapter around riding them.

if space marines don't work, they just classify the dragon world as a death world and either not go there or just exterminatus it if they feel its really necessary to do something about a threat that can't travel to other worlds.

now them popping up near the throne is very unlikely, because Terra is basically the Imperium's equivalent of Coruscant, there is like, not an inch that isn't turned into some apartment complex or other building, and it was a techno-barbarian wasteland before that that the Emperor conquered and built over. any capability of it sustaining a healthy ecosystem to support something as a big as a dragon even in hiding, died long before the horus heresy or when Emps conquered it. I'd be surprised if there if is any life on Terra other than humans, rats and roaches.

but they were still there on Terra and did pop up, they wouldn't bother trying to tame them. they'd just kill them with lots of guns, because no amount of dragon coolness overcomes a zealous desire instilled into them from birth to fight and die for their glorious golden overlord.

and during the horus heresy? eeeeh.....hm.....I'm pretty sure people have more important things to do during that time then deal with what is essentially a xenos beast to the Imperium. again, they'd probably just kill them with lots of guns and move on to more important things, like getting rid of said Horus dude betraying his father who can zip around in a spaceship and cause more damage than dragons who can't zip around in spaceships.
    I don't know if a dragon (from httyd) could lift a space marine in power armor and fly. Or even lift a space marine in power armor at all...

I kinda had the feeling that the adeptus mechanicus might get involved in the "training" process?

Initially, I had wanted to ask the first two scenarios happening on terra as well, but yeah, while the handwavium applied might not equal... != ...enough dakka, it would be something.

Note: I did think that since they can reproduce at a semi-reasonable rate perhaps that the imperial guard would be more interested in them. I mean, the ogryns probably eat a lot so food might not be as much of a problem.

I can only imagine of course what would happen to them when some are inevitably exposed to chaos...
    Last edited by gooddragon1; 2019-06-09 at 11:23 PM.
    There is no emotion more useless in life than hate.