Quote Originally Posted by jakarta View Post
Weeks pass aboard the Reliant.

You grow accustomed to sleeping on the rocking vessel, but still some times you have disturbed dreams.

Kikoyu:
Spoiler: in her cabin
Show

Works on the recovered book. (Before we get into spell effects, let me describe it.)

Cleaning the 🐙 octopus ink off the pages is laborious,and stains your hands black. It takes hours to clean a page, and even then, some of the words are unrecoverable. The book, or maybe the octopus ink, seems resistant to cleaning spells.

You discover that you really have 2 books here. Someone was recycling. There is an older text that has been whiped away, but the stains of the old ink are still mostly visible. The new text was written in a translucent reddish yellow ink. With close examination you can make out both texts. However, some times you must guess at overwritten or destroyed characters. The

The new text is in a mix of abyssal and dragonic. It seems to be describing communion with other planes, cocktail recipes, and a spell casting system. (Roll 2d6 + 6, note as POW)

The older text is in a mix of ancient elvish script and frost giant runes. It seems to be a poorly updated and organized personal log with many scribbles squeezed into spaces between other entries, stories that stop suddenly and pick up again on other pages, and several things partially crossed out and corrected. It looks like a travel log mixed with the notes of an apprentice priest or mage, with some giant drinking songs and cookie recipes. And their are notes on some type of spell casting system...(roll 6 + 2d6, note as MAG)

You can only clean about 1 page a day.

And you are starting to dream about cleaning pages and how good a spa day would feel...

And everyone is dreaming of Drums.
Spoiler: OoC / Rolls
Show
Was only aiming at 1-2 pages for the time, before going back and socializing. Oh well.
More spellcasting? As if 2 prepared lists weren't enough
I see I'm gonna need more Linguistics ranks. And maybe craft(cooking)

POW (2d6+6)[14]
MAG (2d6+6)[15]