1. - Top - End - #265
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Pokémon Thread XXIX: Sword, Shield, and Spoilers

Why is there both a Sword and a Shield version of this game? The entire point behind having two mainline games was to encourage players to complete their collections by trading between games. Now that they've abandoned the entire concept of a complete collection, why even bother making two versions?

Are they going to change the byline? "Gotta Catch 'Em All" would equate to false advertisement at this rate.

It's never a good sign when developers decide that abandoning core tenets of the game's design philosophy is an acceptable means to an end. I can't help but wonder: what other corners were they forced to cut? Where else have they tried to look for the fun and failed to find it?

Paradox's Imperator: Rome was an example of this. The moment I read that they'd decided to limit the Roman republic to one consul at a time I suspected the game would be a major disappointment on release, and from what I can tell, it was. It's just not a decision you make if you're doing well in development; it's one you make when nothing is working as it should and something's got to give.

I'm going to sit on the sidelines on this one. I don't own a Switch yet anyway. I expect some backpedalling - the social media outcry is considerable and someone's going to communicate it upwards.
    Last edited by Silfir; 2019-06-14 at 12:21 PM.
    This signature is boring. The stuff I write might not be. Warning: Ponies.