1. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Pokémon Thread XXIX: Sword, Shield, and Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by NatureKing View Post
    I'm unsure of your point. The already existing translation are already there. They do not need translating again if you are bringing back USUM info for non Galar Dex mon.
    New game, new fluff, new translations.

New engine, new console, new mechanics, new region... Not all of the year was porting over those pokemon.
    Meaning even less time/resources for porting pokemon.

I'm unsure as to what sort of company knowing it will be forward thinking and eventually remaking it does not look into the work flow process to streamline that. Once the 3d models are created, that is that. The models can be downscale, flated, mapped, and texture edited but once they are there, short of a QC pass or 2, to ensure outliers don't exist (which should be happening in any case), the porting over the actual pokemon's data is not going to be the long thing here.

Have the languages pull that information from a core info dump. I build spreadsheets for companies tk send bulk application requests for payment. Wherever that information comes from, whatever systems you have in place, if you cannot export that into a common language (i.e, Csv) and then have that information elsewhere, then you have to go through a painstaking process of getting that information from screen 1 to screen 2. I can do this for companies who can afford to pay my minimum rare for an afternoon, or for major international construction companies.

That pokemon, of all companies, is not able to export from their own version of essentially Pokémon Hacking software, and have that exported into a game file in a matter of minutes is a ridiculous thought.
    Tell that to Microsoft and all their compatibility problems between each differet version of their OS. Microsoft's multiple orders of magnitude more powerful and richer than Game Freak, yet they can't do it, or at least not whitout a zillion bugs that would make Sword and Shield crash every 5 minutes.
    Last edited by deuterio12; 2019-06-16 at 08:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Of Mantas View Post
    "You know, Durkon, I built this planet up from nothing. When I started here, all there was was a snarl. All the other gods said we were daft to build a planet over a snarl, but I built it all the same, just to show then. It got eaten by the snarl...

...so we built a five millionth, three hundreth, twenty first one. That one burned down, fell over, then got eaten by the snarl, but the five millionth, three hundreth, and twenty second one stayed up! Or at least, it has been until now."