~~~

[Deus Est Machina]

Intervening business concluded, Godspeaker Androgynous-Foreigner was free to approach the OI known as Guardian. Her steps were carefully measured, but she did not let herself shrink from the god's attention. It was clear such was pointless in any case, and might offend the divinity, who had so graciously granted invitation and apparently, free use of their private demesne. Androgynous-Foreigner knuckled to the ground in front of Guardian, touching her head to the floor, and waited for several moments before speaking; she reassured herself that it was only partly nervousness that made her hesitate, rather than respect alone.

"V-venerable Guardian, this honored servant humbly thanks you for your gift of Maturation and welcome into your home. In your power and wisdom, you assuredly know this already, but this one is known as Androgynous-Foreigner Allchurch Spirescarheights, twice Designated[Inspired], and serves as Godspeaker for the Federated Church of Origin's End. My sorrow is without limit for the knowledge of your impending loss; I beseech you to inform this one, if it pleases you: should we fail to obtain the necessary items to preserve your continuity, would it be possible to revive you in future once we have obtained such items, as we have other, lesser deities? Would you desire such, were it to be possible?"

Though she knew that, should the god be displeased, her life was forfeit, Godspeaker Androgynous-Foreigner raised herself up once more, one hand briefly rubbing at the holy symbol engraved on the necklace around her chest for reassurance. Guardian was a benevolent god, by all appearances, but to speak of the annihilation of entire planets with so little effort was worrying all the same. This was her duty an her privilege, however, as it was all those present in the Simulacrum. Her next questions were somewhat more hesitant, being centered upon her own people rather than the god's self. Many gods had little ego, yes, but - truth be told - even outside their divine status, Androgynous-Foreigner liked Guardian. She had found a god greater than any who had come before, and it was not a dark god, as some doctrines theorized was responsible for however many calamities had left so many remains on their planet.

"Venerable Guardian, I would beg your answer to my questions of your siblings; do you count the Revered Ones of my planet among them? Why did Bamiroh, the Most Silent, speak only this once to deliver your message? We have thus far found only six Revered Ones; are they the fallen Ordained Intelligences that once held power at the same level as your own? If these questions offend, please forgive the impudence of your humble servant; I am obliged to ask on behalf of my people and our gods."

"So too do I ask: upon our planet is a structure we know only as The Black Spire. Do you understand it's nature and origin, in your boundless knowledge, and would sharing such revelations be within your desires for your children? Are all inhabited planets similarly gifted with such relics of divinity as ours? If we are unique in this capacity or mostly so, what is it that made our planet special?"

The Godspeaker knew she was running over herself with questions at this point, and though it was Known that Curiosity was a Virtue, so too was Discretion, and she held back from further queries until the god had decided on answering those posed thus far to it.

~~~

[MORE TO COME, PROBABLY]