Quote Originally Posted by Matsuda
“With the transition to the Nintendo Switch hardware, being much more powerful [and] allowing us to be much more expressive with each of the individual Pokemon … at Game Freak we really spent a lot of time thinking about what the best way to move forward was, really preserving the quality of all the different Pokemon while also taking into account the battle balance, having so many different Pokemon available, all within a limited development time so we don’t keep fans waiting too long for every new entry in the series. And after a lot of discussions, we decided to come to a new direction.”
Quote Originally Posted by Matsuda
“Just like all of you, we are passionate about Pokémon and each and every one of them is very important to us. After so many years of developing the Pokémon video games, this was a very difficult decision for me. I’d like to make one thing clear: even if a specific Pokémon is not available in Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield, that does not mean it will not appear in future games.”
From the man himself. We look forward to another great entry in the ever evolving pokémon series!

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
What do you mean by that? I used a mixture of different types of Pokemon.
Ah, my bad. I read it as you using the three evee evolutions along the legendary birds at the same time, but yeah you don't need to overlap them in the same team.