View Single Post

Thread: [Godbound] Ten Buried Blades IC

1. - Top - End - #158
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [Godbound] Ten Buried Blades IC

"They want me dead is what they want!" Li bellows, smashing down his fist. Though the resulting smack is less than impressive, it gives you the impression that he's earnest at least. "They are rebels, xiaoren who are dissatisfied with their station and who would destroy our nation to place themselves above their betters!"

The magistrate pauses, taking a moment to catch his breath. Once finished, he leans forward and eyes the two of you sternly. "I can't claim to understand their beliefs, but it all seems to revolve around personal resolve and ignoring pain. Their leaders seem to be so good at it that the one we did manage to capture was completely impervious to it!" At this, he throws one arm into the air, gesticulating that he feels the situation to be ridiculous. "He died in the interrogation before we could get anything out of him.

I'm not surprised Zu was worried about them, at any rate."
    he adds, leaning back once more. "He is the kind of man disgruntled peasants like those cultists would take revenge against. They are a bloodthirsty bunch, and best dealt with swiftly. In fact-" Li raises his head just slightly, as if in thought. "-the people of Gongfang would be much safer without this devious Golden Lord, if he even truly exists. If great heroes were to take down his cult, they would show themselves to be clearly trustworthy to the regency."
    Last edited by Theoboldi; 2019-07-05 at 02:05 PM.
    Always look for white text. Always.
    That's how you do it! Have a cookie!
    Quote Originally Posted by ezekielraiden View Post
    You don't win people over by beating them with facts until they surrender; at best all you've got is a conversion under duress, and at worst you've actively made an enemy of your position.

You don't convince by proving someone wrong. You convince by showing them a better way to be right. The difference may seem subtle or semantic, but I assure you it matters a lot.