Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
Kazelia, meanwhile— the energy here is full of life! Lots of dock hands, lots of mercenaries watching over ships that can’t leave, a Watch patrol a few streets down, Jedadi dancers making sales pitches for various shops, and lots of signs, signposts, banners, and advertisements pointing you further in. What’s the most interesting sight?
Kazelia distractedly returns Mimsey's salute. Adila had practically shouted at her mentally about puzzles, and well, that was something. She had thought about asking Adila where they could find something to do since Adila was the local and Kazelia was the new arrival. But she didn't want to add any further to that sense she'd had from earlier of Adila caring for her, so instead she tried to look around and spot puzzles for herself. This, of course, just made everything more interesting, so it's impossible to pick which one is the most!

There are all the dock hands rolling around cargo and unloading ships. Are they moving in pattern? Perhaps engaging in some sort of subtle coordination that would indicate the kind of criminal enterprise that Adila might be on the lookout for? Worth scrutinizing closely.

Then there are the mercenaries, wearing all sorts of colors and styles of silk. Was that a trick, what if the mercenaries were actually using the many colors as signals for the riders, indicating which landing sites were the safest locations? Kazelia tried to look over their locations, see if there was something in common between different colors that matched in different locations, though it was surely dizzying.

There's the house of hospitality, and a sign pointing to the astrologers guild further into the heart of the city, which must be that tall roof with the golden telescope. Poor fools, they wouldn't know what to do with Kazelia when they found out that she was hidden from all the stars. If they even believed her. That made her wonder though. Adila had felt so much respect for Solmarra, perhaps her suggestion was more than just a passing tourist routine and actually cut to the heart of the matter. Could she ask the astrologers to help them find people, even her own sisters? That was seriously worth considering.

And of the course, the shops. So many shops, so many people shouting, so many wares. Was that a puzzle itself? Perhaps part of the very fabric of Jedad was learning the nature of the different shouts and piece together what was really worth pursuing, or what was hidden amidst all the action. Kazelia tried to listen closely, to pick out different sounds among them, even going so far as to subtly cast her eyes and ears up and down the street while Adila responded Mimsley, so that Kazelia could get a more thorough view of the area.

[Rolling to look closely. 5+5=10.
-What is going on here, what do my senses tell me?
-Is something hidden or out of place? If so, what looks suspicious?
-Tell me about the Astrologers? How could they hurt me? How could they help me?]