View Single Post

Thread: Need a character background written up?

1. - Top - End - #52
    Halfling in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: Need a character background written up?

I have a Paladin who’s desperate to worship an elven god even though she herself is not an elf. This has meant that any communication she could have gotten while trancing, she hasn’t.

Name: Navani Siannodel
    Race: Yuan-ti Pureblood, formerly a Wood Elf (she was cursed/reincarnated by a green dragon to be this way- she’s currently adventuring to find some way to reverse this.)
    Class: Paladin 2/Sorcerer 5 (She’s a Draconic Sorcerer with a green dragon bloodline. Her powers may be the reason why she was cursed.)

Traits:
    -Navani harbors dark thoughts, especially since her exile from home. These dark thoughts manifest as tendencies to lie and seek conflict.

-Navani’s combination of being Draconic and a Yuan-ti leaves her looking hideous, in her own mind, and so she constantly disguises herself.

-Despite her newfound interest in religion, she herself is not that knowledgeable in the gods, outside of what she’s gleaned taking refuge in forgotten shrines to unknown gods.

Some important events:
    Navani was using her innate magic to defend the elven city of Len Thalore, and she had a romantic rivalry with another spell user named Gallindrann. After a hard fought battle, Navani was killed, and her body was taken.

When she next woke up, she was at a grove, and remembered some interaction with the green dragon, but many of her memories were murky.

Returning to Len Thalore led to have many believe that she was an imposter, a mockery of the Navani they knew. Gallindrann in particular swore to capture this creature and make her reveal where Navani’s corpse was, so that he could give it a proper burial. Navani escaped with her life, but felt utterly betrayed.

I’m mostly struggling to write up what events would have her believe that she could return to being an elf, and why she believes that worship of Sehaine Moonbow could do this. It could be inspired, it could be desperation. I plan to have her take the Oath of Ancients, but I’m looking more for why she decides to be a paladin in the first place while she’s in exile, despite her perceived incompatibility.

I also am working on feedback; your writing deserves the best.
    Last edited by Ironheart; 2019-07-08 at 02:13 AM. Reason: Hah, too slow. Feedback coming soon!