View Single Post

Thread: [WFRP] The Bloody Crown X

1. - Top - End - #1032
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [WFRP] The Bloody Crown X

Quote Originally Posted by TheSummoner View Post
    "We're running out of options," he said. "What do you think about just heading into the area we know he's been hiding and searching buildings? Quarantine are wasn't too big. I'd take time, but I'm out of other ideas."
    Elsa nodded. She had a bad feeling about the festival; if someone wanted to sow fear and chaos by murdering a public figure such as a priest, tonight would be an excellent time to do it.

She described to Sieghard how her dog had seemed especially nervous on the west side, near the site of Astoria's murder. "I know we'll be throwing subtlety out the window if we just knock on doors, but we're being out-subtled anyway. Still, if we narrow it down further, we'll be less likely to lose the element of surprise. Can we find an excuse to knock on doors? I don't know, maybe a chimneysweep offering to come over tomorrow and do some cleaning. Someone with a good memory for faces, who can tell us what the person who answered them looked like."

She put on an upper middle-class woman's idea of a working-class man's accent: "16 Tower Street was an ol' scrawny fella with white hair comin' out of his ears. 17 was a freckled blonde lass with big hips. She was carryin' a baby, still had her tit out. 18... huh... funny, I don't remember that one. Yes, there was someone, a man, but I just sorta... forgot to notice any details. Sorry 'bout that."

She resumed her normal voice. "And that's how we know where Klammenberg is."
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2019-07-17 at 10:00 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:
    Voyages of the Ghostlight (Risus)

Playing:
    The Bloody Crown (WFRP) as Elsabeth Holt, rogue pyromancer and court wizard

Quote Originally Posted by TheSummoner View Post
    Oh wow. I will never again underestimate [our characters'] ability to turn friendly conversation into a possible life or death situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeSwordfish View Post
    Ludo has a crowbar, if that helps.