Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
I expect to get rolled by Troll.
n=16. So 4 Rounds.

Round 1 - vs. Goblins
One of those swanky new Nightvault Warbands I have very little experience with. Ah well, just kill 'em, right? Game 1 I lost. Game 2 was going really well for me...Right up until for an entire turn - yes, I do mean all 4 Activations - including re-rolls an a Ready for Action, I didn't land a single attack.
Triple swords? Nice. I mean, if you're gonna roll Swords, roll trips, right?
"One defence die..."
You got nothing.
"Crit."
Cool beans.

After Turn 2 I tried to concede. But for tournament reasons we were keeping track of Glory, so we had to play out Turn 3 anyway.

Loss 0-2.

I want to make it clear, however, that my losses were
16-20 and 18-22

My losses had more Glory than most peoples' wins at the tournament.

Round 2 - vs. Skaven
Opponent centered around upgrading the Leader for several activations, and then going HAM when required. First two games were fairly even, and then on Game 3 my opponent drew God-Hand on Turn 1 and I couldn't roll to save myself.

Loss 1-2. Though I maintain that I lost to lucksacking.

In any case, two losses in a row sent me to the bottom tables.

Round 3 vs. Gary.
Shadespire Gary, that is. Not Nightvault Gary. Felt a little bit bad playing against this dude. Still. Gary's gonna Gary vs. Fyreslayers. So, Game 2, Turn 2 ended with one Fyreslayer on the board. Everyone was OoA by the sixth or seventh Activation...Except my guy.

Win 2-0

Round 4 vs. Skeletons
Ahh. The old - and thus, worse - version of Goblins. Stomped them pretty hard. As with the Games against the Skaven, bringing dudes back only led to free Glory for me.

Win 2-0

2-2 for the day.

Despite losing two of my Rounds, I scored the third highest Glory total for the day. Not that it meant anything since no-one was anywhere near ties.

Quote Originally Posted by Requizen View Post
Not sure I like Alone in the Darkness considering you want to be up in the enemy's grill pretty quickly, that feels like a dead card on T2 and maybe 3.
You kidding? I scored Alone in the Darkness almost every game, and especially on Turn 2 and 3.

I'd probably want as you sad another Immediate, you could always take one of Advancing/Defensive Strike or Strong Start.
Defensive Strike would have been awesome.

Strong Start of course, comes from a set I don't have.
...Just like Shadowspear, by the time I actually want to buy it, Echoes of Glory is out of print and nowhere is selling it - not even on eBay.

I'd want a few more pushes. Inspiring is super necessary for Axes
The thing that lost me all my games, was simply spending Turn 1 on Objectives. I maintain that the worst thing about Fyreslayers, is the models themselves. 2 Move and a garbage Inspire condition that almost always costs you an entire Turn is pretty bad.