View Single Post

Thread: The new general "Dominions 5" Thread

1. - Top - End - #290
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The new general "Dominions 5" Thread

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Ill try and run a test game with EA Vanheim to see how well mounted hirdmen crushed independents.
    The riders should preferebly not to to much better, since Vermillion also has a ton of other stuff.
    But at the last test you could run them as mainly a rider nation.
    Maybe you can rely only on them during early game, but I don't see how it's sustainable to rely only in 11ish HP units at 100+ gold each once other people start researching offensive magic. It's the big problem with cavalry in dominions, they're pretty good at "mundane" combat, but once lighting bolts and death blasts and meteors start raining accross the sky, all that fancy defense skill and armor won't do them much good.

Also it's good if a nation has different ways to play it, like Pangaea which can rely in either their great infantry or big blocks of centaurs (which are basically cavalry with high HP) or mix it.
    Last edited by deuterio12; 2019-08-06 at 08:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Of Mantas View Post
    "You know, Durkon, I built this planet up from nothing. When I started here, all there was was a snarl. All the other gods said we were daft to build a planet over a snarl, but I built it all the same, just to show then. It got eaten by the snarl...

...so we built a five millionth, three hundreth, twenty first one. That one burned down, fell over, then got eaten by the snarl, but the five millionth, three hundreth, and twenty second one stayed up! Or at least, it has been until now."