View Single Post

Thread: "Non-traditional" D&D parties

1. - Top - End - #9
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: "Non-traditional" D&D parties

I would not be interested in playing that hypothetical knight situation. I like to have a full character, and not just the stick that another player hits people with.

As for unconventional D&D TO&E's, one of my games is a Wizard, a Sorceress, and a Rogue. We still meet the tactical roles, but mostly because the wizard plays up close and personal as a consequence of our lack of close-quarters characters.

Another game I played in was fighter-fighter-rogue. This worked out well, even without magic support or healing, because we had some serious and very consistent damage output.

Most of my non-D&D games I run don't have healers, but that's because in most of them healing is fairly weak and everybody can carry a first aid kit to help get people back to a medical facility after a machine gun repaints the walls with their blood.
    Last edited by LordCdrMilitant; 2019-08-06 at 11:39 AM.
    Guardsmen, hear me! Cadia may lie in ruin, but her proud people do not! For each brother and sister who gave their lives to Him as martyrs, we will reap a vengeance fiftyfold! Cadia may be no more, but will never be forgotten; our foes shall tremble in fear at the name, for their doom shall come from the barrels of Cadian guns, fired by Cadian hands! Forward, for vengeance and retribution, in His name and the names of our fallen comrades!