Quote Originally Posted by Amdy_vill View Post
so I am looking to start playing the various world of darkness games, and I was wondering what books should I get?
Do you have a specific reason for wanting to go down this particular road? I mean I have a nostalgic appreciation for the oWoD as much as the next guy but while there's certainly interesting, if overly circuitous, material buried in various portions of the fluff, the Storyteller system is objectively bad and the individual game lines do not play well together.

I'd agree with Zetakya that oWoD revised is the best version of the system, but that's a fairly low bar. The most playable formats are, in my opinion, Camarilla Vampire and Technocracy Mage.

For the former you really need only the VtM Corebook, though Guide to the Cam would be helpful and there are various supporting books like Elysium you may find helpful, plus the splatbooks for the various Cam clans, but these aren't really necessary and some, like Clanbook: Gangrel, introduce unnecessary metaplot-related complications.

For the latter you need the MtA Corebook, and Guide to the Technocracy (in my opinion the best White Wolf sourcebook ever written by leaps and bounds). Convention Book: Iteration X (and the other Onyx Path convention books if you can track them down), plus Forged by Dragon's Fire and The Book of Madness Revised are all useful.