1. - Top - End - #290
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Fire Emblem Three Houses: Reach for my hand, I'll soar away.

Quote Originally Posted by Rising Phoenix View Post
    I have 10...dragon pulses now...I can easily unmake any mistake even on hard classic. In fact I often rewind time in order to snag chests/steal items at this rate as I am too effective sometimes. I find it very easy not to play on hard classic at this rate. Very much looking forward to Lunatic when it comes out.
    I did think about switching to Classic for my second Three Houses run because of Divine Pulse, but decided not to. Even though I probably could and Divine Pulse would make it okay, I wound up figuring that was just as true if I used Casual. The only difference it would make is if I actually did wind up in a situation where even Divine Pulse wouldn't let me save someone, and if something like that happened I would restart the mission rather than lose them, which I'd really rather not do if I don't have to.

Anyway, I'm on chapter 5 of Golden Deer now - not far enough to have learned anything particularly new compared to what I saw on the Black Eagles route story-wise, but enough to have a decent amount of time with the Golden Deer students. Definitely liking most of them, but yeesh, Lorenz. That boy is every ounce the snooty, oblivious noble that Ferdinand could have been but wasn't. I think I have his C supports with everyone in the house now, and none of them have made him look good. I mean, I guess at least he doesn't seem incapable of being a good person the way Hubert sometimes could, but that's a low bar.

Otherwise though, yeah, great bunch. Standouts to me are Claude, Hilda, Raphael, and Leonie (who I already had something of a handle on from recruiting her into Black Eagle, but it's been great to see her supports with the rest of the Golden Deer students, since she had very few support options in Black Eagle). Still not entirely sure what Marianne's deal is, her C supports don't really reveal a whole lot. Lysithea's fun to see interact with others, though I'm pretty sure I already know one of if not her biggest secret, since I saw up through her B support with Edelgard in Black Eagle, and it was brought up there
    Spoiler: Lysithea spoiler
    Show
    how the second Crest that was forced upon Lysithea is somehow resulting in a significantly shortened life expectancy for her. Which definitely helps explain parts of her character - she wants to make as much use out of what time she has left as she can, hence her drive to seem/be more mature than her age, rather than just slow down and enjoy being young.

Ignatz is the one who I'm just kind of "eh, he's okay" on so far.

Combat-wise, I've used New Game+ bonuses to quickly B-support and recruit Dorothea and Petra, so I can get them started on training towards their classes, plus I grabbed Sylvain since I saw some of you guys mention how he'll always join a female Byleth's house if you ask. Not sure if I'll use him long-term or not, but for now he's on track to be a Cavalier, which I don't otherwise have. (And I'll say that his C supports with the women are fun just to see the various ways he gets shot down. I was pretty surprised that even Marianne kind of did - that look she gave him, wow.) So far, I'm a bit concerned about Lorenz's speed and Ignatz and Leonie's strength, which I have not been having great luck with on level-ups. Lorenz and Leonie's growth rates on them should be fine long term I'd hope, though Ignatz's is sketchier there at only 35% and not going to get any help from Thief or Assassin. Hopefully he can make up for that with consistent doubling once he gets the speed bonus from those classes though. The others are all working out pretty well, and I almost have Byleth ready for Pegasus Knight right on time thanks to using Renown to jump my lance skill straight to D+ (which I'd gotten it to in order to recruit Leonie last time).
    Last edited by Zevox; 2019-08-10 at 12:20 PM.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis