Been going back and forth on my build for about a week and need some advice. I am currently a level 3 arcane trickster and I want to dip into either sorcerer and warlock or warlock and wizard. This all started with my halfling arcane trickster taking a beating(got trapped in a sewer while blind after shawshanking my way to freedom and had only 2 hp left at level 2) and being saved by a lucky roll... I decided to really lean into that concept of luck as both to rp and use with my skill sets. Searched through some classes(was tempted by divination wizard) and found that the sorcerer’s divine soul feature to have guidance, bless and the 2d4 to my save/attack rolls followed by a lucky feat seemed perfect for the concept. I then started feeling like my arcane trickster could use more protection and read about how the shadow blade was so fantastic for my rogue but it would take me until level 7 to get it and the limited spell slots for it with AT was just a bit frustrating so I looked into the warlock stuff and fell in love with those invocations and it felt right with the illusion/tricks/devil sight/darkness for my arcane trickster. Going rogue warlock sounds great but so does rogue sorcerer and rogue wizard... I can’t figure out whether to double class or triple class to bring the concept and character to life without shooting him in the foot. I know the campaign probably won’t reach 20 so I would like to figure out some really fun/crazy multiclass combos to benefit my rogue without crippling him too much. I am a new player and just seeing all the combos is inspiring. I’d really like to know but how best to optimize what I know isn’t an ideal build. How do I best make the character I want within the rules of this game level by level? I want the character concept to shine with being blessed with luck, have that variety without being left behind and cover his weaknesses. He is squishy and has nearly died every single session till recently due to me getting used to using my bonus action to dodge/disengage/hide. I have spent hours looking through the internet and looking at the classes and trying to get everything I want seems so hard without multiclassing at least 3 times... My DM says I can reroll my character up until level 5 and I just don’t know which way to go with my halfling. If you guys have any advice or thoughts then I would really appreciate it.