1. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [BitPRē] Renewed Revolution Spirit World VI: Now With Mortal World

[IntSec HQ]

Every week, like clockwork, Hishikawa Setsurou spent some time actually at headquarters for once, while a body double of the Hishikawa family made the rounds to make it look like he was somewhere else.

The reason was simpler than it appeared. Setsurou wanted some privacy to actually see to a task that he'd made a habit of since he started mastering the various arts: he wrote his memories down on a journal. It helped him clear his head, and registered his state of mind at the time of writing.

Of course, these also contained some of his deepest, darkest secrets. Which is why he made it a point to write in code. He used a complex cypher mixing alphabetical and syllabic substitutions, coupled with semi-random shifts in style. To top everything off, he would make it into the form of a stylized drawing. The process took some time, but it ensured it would take someone particularly smart and skilled to break it. Or someone whom, in addition to that, knew his quirks particularly well.

As of right now, there were perhaps three or four people in Soul Society proper that could do that, not counting Setsurou himself. Momoka, Rin, his grandfather and, possibly Takenaka Chouko - if she were to be tasked with it, though in all likelihood she'd run it through a decryption program of some sort.

"Day XX of YY, the X year of Heiwa.

It's been an... unique three past weeks. Our interrogation on the Hell escapee Jack the Ripper went absolutely nowhere. Unfortunately, to be expected. Even if I believed in torture, I don't think he'd give up anything useful - after all, he was a denizen of Hell. We ultimately decided to keep him confined until the current situation with the Ghost King is seen to.

The mortal children that came to us in search of aid for their friend Yamada Katsuo have recovered well. Yamada in particular showed a lot of resilience for a boy his age. The Commander-General seems to feel a sort of kinship with the boy - for once, I felt inclined not to look too deeply into it. Even though knowing secrets is my business, that felt incredibly distasteful. Can't say much for the others. Tetsuhiko Naito is an unique case in terms of spiritual composition, and it's definitely a good thing that they're working with who they are - the Unseelie Accords proved a blessing for someone in their condition. Note to self: find the whereabouts of anybody who might have had a hand in that experiment and hand them to that kid. For that matter, Aoi-san would probably give the SSI modsoul department gleeful fits of possibility. I asked Momo to keep them reigned in. Pretty sure the last thing that girl needs is a sense of being an artificial curiosity.

Speaking of Momo... we got married.

Yeah, even writing that still feels unreal. Her whole journey back to noblehood has been crazy, in point of fact. With Central 46 incapacitated, it was high time we got a new leadership, and the rebirth of the Tsuyoi fit that timing like a glove. I managed to convince the Koutetsu not to turn the marriage itself into a spectacle, because of the Rukon elements that might still potentially crash the party. Of course, that was a bluff. I managed to work with Gwyn and helped defuse them a week before that could even become an issue. Gwyn knew Momo, and Momo is now set to make the right decisions for the little guys. In her ever-so-subtle way, Momo is grooming my sister-in-law for a leadership position in the Chamber.

I'm already preparing for when she feels hurt and betrayed. It's not going to be pretty, and she'll need me to be there for her. At least I got a lovely honeymoon out of it.

The Commander-General was publicly punished for acting against the Red Pheasant. To be frank, it felt like a tasteless spectacle, especially when the Yellow Ki-rin Empress took his place afterwards. Knowing the man, he would have gladly borne twice the punishment out of respect for her if nothing else, but he was sternly reminded that doing so would've made her appear weak. I believe more private sanctions would have been just as appropriate, but it wasn't my place to say it. I suppose if ever there was a downside to my not wanting to push my position as a noble, this was kinda it.

The Royal Guard is still around, partially to fix the mess that happened during the Red Pheasant incident and partially to coordinate our restructuring.

Right now every last effort is being focused on preparing to kick the Ghost-King's teeth in for good. The Hell situation, whatever it was, is going to have to wait until we've dealt with him, something that's long overdue. One thing that sort of rubs me the wrong way is that the kids sort of drafted themselves into this mess. They say at the very least they intend to protect Ikari. Only one, Kamogawa Shinji, chose to come back after a little while to talk shop with Momo. I never saw her come happier out of a conversation about spells and the like. Somehow I get the feeling the kid needed a female figure just as much as Momo needed someone young and bright to dote on.

Still trying to figure out a way out of this. I don't want her to do what she plans, but I've never been able to change her mind once it was set. And since I promised not to let her plans out, I can't really discuss this with anyone.

I'll only get one more shot out of convincing her, for all the good it'll do.

I love you, Momoka Tsuyoi. Whatever comes of this, that feeling will never change."
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2019-08-22 at 04:06 PM.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."