View Single Post

Thread: What's Going To Kill Belkar?

1. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: What's Going To Kill Belkar?

Quote Originally Posted by HorizonWalker View Post
    Okay, up-front, I just want to say that I'm answering the question in the title, not actually asking it. I have a theory that I haven't seen anyone mention so I'm gonna put it out there because why not.

Alright, so. Here's what we know: The Oracle of the Sunken Valley prophesied that "Belkar will draw his last breath- ever- before the end of the year."

Now, obviously, the interpretation of "Belkar dies and goes to Hell" is a completely reasonable one. I don't blame anyone for taking the prophecy at face value and assuming he's just gonna straight-up die, no frills. That's reasonable, and if it's what ends up happening, I won't have any trouble accepting that.

But here's the thing: Vampires don't breathe. There's a vampire-shaped loose end running around, and it's entirely possible she's there for more than just giving Hel and Loki something to talk about briefly before they move into "I'll kill you!"

The Teal Deer(TL;DR) here is, "what if Belkar fulfills the Oracle's prophecy by becoming a vampire?"
    I'm afraid you are not even in the first ten to suggest this. Vampires may not breathe, but they definitely stay in this world, so the only way Belkar can stay within the "not long for this world" portion of the prophecy is, in addition to becoming chained inside his own head by a negative energy spirit, is if that spirit then somehow ends up in the outer planes.

Grey Wolf
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2019-08-22 at 04:16 PM.
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est