Quote Originally Posted by Fnissalot View Post
After a quick read through.
  1. Hit Dice: 1d16 per Calligrapher level seems misswritten, i guess you mean a d6
  2. The testament system appears rather overwhelming at first, but after a while, I think I get it and then it provides a lot of depth. If I understand it correctly, a simple testament is pretty much a cantrip while a complex is a cantrip with a set of modifiers that might fail?
  3. Due to the complexity of this system and the vast amount of combination, I have no direct idea of what is balanced.
  4. Is there any limit to how many words a testament can hold (other than impossible dcs)?
  5. What happens if i combine multiple shapes in a testament?
  6. The row for level 18 in the table looks odd.
  7. There are a few inconsistencies; you sometime refer to big as great or tall etc.
Thanks for the heads up, Iíll definitely tweak those minor edits.

Yes, Simple Testaments are basically Cantrips (though some have unique effects that are quite powerful, like Brief). However, each use of those Cantrips also contributes to the increased difficult of a later Complex Testament using that word.

Impossible DCs are the limiting factor. Failing a generous DM that allows a custom item PCs will cap at +17 to their roll. The average 3 Word Testament will have a DC or about 21. Spamming it raises it by 3 each time (1 per word) so you rapidly approach unrealistic target numbers unless you change it up.

I rolled a couple of concepts into Great and Small (short, tall, Long, etc). Looks like Iíll have to swap those as well.