View Single Post

Thread: How to Optimize Fiend of Possession?

1. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Default Re: How to Optimize Fiend of Possession?

Ok after looking in a couple of manual I have found two races that could qualify quite easly: you could play as a dretch (MM, 2 racial HD and LA +2) or a Kaorti (FF, 2 racial HD and LA +2), or even better be turned into one this way you should avoid the 2 racial HD but still get the full racial bundle, -4 to Str +4 +4 to Dex to int and +6 to cha (I can't tell if you lose your racial traits but if you begin as a human you get skill ranks and a feat that I am pretty sure will not be changed) so you can take 2 levels in a class woth good will save.

Then if you take a level in a class with a good will save so you can take your first level of Fiend of Possession as 6th level.

If you can buy off the LA then becoming a Kaorti is by far the best way to do it otherways they are quite similar.

As for class levels I do not have any idea. You can take either:
    10 class levels including one in a base one with good will save if you choose to play one of those races (2 racial HD, 2 LA, Fiend of possession 6, class with good will save 1)
    12 class levels including one in a base one with good will save if you choose to play one of those races and you can buy off the LA or if you get transformed but can not buy off the LA and then take 2 levels in a different class with good will (2 racial HD/class with good will save, Fiend of possession 6, class with good will save )
    14 class levels including one in a base one with good will save and if you get transformed and can also buy off the LA, but you are limited for the first 3 levels (Fiend of possession 6, class with good will save 1, another class with good will save 2).

I have no idea for how to use these levels but on top pf my mind you could take umbal disciple 3 (you can get 1 essentia with a feat) and get HIPS so while ethereal it will be a real hassle seeing you.
    Last edited by Trandir; 2019-08-23 at 06:31 PM.