View Single Post

Thread: HALO 183: The Not Remotely Gritty Reboot

1. - Top - End - #619
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: HALO 183: The Not Remotely Gritty Reboot

[Lab]
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Honeysuckle was looking for something in the closet.

Once Maria's been given the all clear, she will resume prodding for information about the virus before joining in the research for a cure. Maria can provide valuable insight into magic theory that may help the actual doctors better understand how the virus is functioning and how to develop a counter agent.
    If only there were someone who could remind her what she was looking for.
    Honeysuckle will explain about the disease as best she can. Just keep in mind that she doesn't know much medical terminology.
    Disease spreads through more-or-less synchronized audio-visual contact, but even infected blood doesn't seem to be contagious.
    Seems to respond strongly to the power of suggestion, but even a little bit of doubt can make you susceptible. Hasn't been seen to infect humans. Honeysuckle thinks maybe a heroic speech about one's inner humanity could cure someone, but she sucks at giving speeches.
    Makes people fall back on instinctive or stereotypical behavior, possibly by bombarding them with relevant psychic messages from within. Maybe transfusing clean blood into people could help?

[Quarantine, 14 hours later]
    Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    Juleka is bored out of her skull. After waking up, she's been in here for who knows how long and has long since given up ever getting out.

She is wearing a hospital gown, the leather jacket, and the lensless glasses. Other than that, she appears entirely normal, with no plants or knife-fingers.
    Next to her are several random objects, though. A knife, a five ivory billiards balls, a bone flute, a tambourine made of bone and leather and metal, a skull, a chitin manacle-and-key, and a broken wine glass. No obvious clues as to how Julie got all of those to her.

She hears the furry scientist approaching. "Heeeeey," Juliet says. "Can I be let out now? I apologize for what I did before, and I'm feeling better now so it's okay, and you can even check - that nurse earlier said I was fine and just need to sign the papers to be let out but then there was some other emergency so they had to run out and forgot to get me the papers," she lies.
    "Hahahahahaha."
    "Hahaha."
    "Haha."
    "No."

Honeysuckle actually seems really amused.

"Obviously fake. And, like, find a specific form? Me?" Do you think, Julie, that the disease liability forms are just stored in a reliable place where people can find them when they need them? Don't be absurd. Honeysuckle would need to find someone who can read and then go through heaps of unlabelled folders to try to find a set of paperwork that probably doesn't exist. It would take forever.

Then her perceptions of the quarantine unit catch up to her.
    "...whose bones?"
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2019-08-26 at 10:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    ~Inner Circle~
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine