1. - Top - End - #381
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: General Anime/Manga Discussion 16: In Another Thread With My Smartphone

Watched Children oif the Whales 4-6...

Spoiler
    Show
    The sheer amount of What Even The Hell in the first episode of the three is jaw-dropping.

The council of Elders (actually, mostly this one bloke) is like "hey, the people who attacked us were from our country and banished our ancestors, now they want to kill us, so instead, let's commit mass suicide!"

I.. Don't... EVEN.

This plan, of course utterly fails, because immediately one of the old men in the councol says to Suoh, the chap who sister was killed last time and whom they have elcted mayor "don't listen to them I wanna die!" (Real unanimous, then...) The only reason the plan geys further than that (because Suoh clearly has about as much intention of doing that as I do of taking up ballet-dancing) is because the current captain of Vigilantes (the militia) who has a literal death-wish conks him one the head.

Funnily enough, the little girl in the room tells the protagonist Chakky (that's what the New Best Character, one of the miliatia's delitfuly crazy Miss Ginshu calls him, anyway) and he gets a load of folk to go stop it. The plan is, like, murder the eldritch emotion-eater at the heart of the ship that no-one knew about except for the elders and Lykos. Funnilt enough, after Lykos trhows herself in front ot it, and the ship rocks about after the first volley of arrows, and Chakky explaisn what's going on, all the other Vigiliantes are like "um, yeah, NO," and that's that. The captain is disappointed because he a complete tool and that specific sort of coward that wants to die because "it's too hard to live."

Suoh basically now takes charges and say "we're gonna fight te bad guys and kill ther eldtritch-empotion eating horror and sink their ship, and then maybe we can find someone not in this country but one of the other countries...

FOR THE LOVE OF CRAP, ANIME, I DON'T CARE IF IT'S THE DUB OR THE SUB, FOR THE LOVE OF THE LICHEMASTER, MAKE UP SOME FREAKING COUNTRY NAMES AND STOP SAYING CRAP LIKE "THIS COUNTRY" AND "THAT OTHER COUNTRY!"

It wa funny once in Naruto, where the countries were literally called This and That, but that was, if not an actual joke, something that became one.

Anyway, now they have to train all the children to fight (because all the people obver, like 25 with magic powers get really weak).

The thing that killed me most was Suoh being confused at why the old mayor's attachés just went in and declared themselves his staff regardless of what the council of elders might have said. Dude, I think at the point their LITERAL FIRST SOLUTION was "let's sink the ship and kill everyone" that, just maybe, no-one is going to think their opinion is worth SPIT.

Oh, also the little girl is a twin and has some sort of angel wings and might be the daughter of the eldritch-emotion-eating horror. Except this one on the Mud Whale doens't eat emotions, and the reason for th Mud Whale's banishment was because they WOULDN'T have their emotions eaten.

Ye fracking gods, is DANZO in charge of the empire? seems like his kind of mindless stupidity.

Anway, the litrle girls are probably necromancers, beause she like, summons the dead lass, Sammy, and old mayor from last week to be all cryptic at Chakky. Also, Sammy gives Chakky a ghost-snog and says "I was totally going to hit that," which is I suppose a rather unique experience for what one presmes was his first kiss, and also a rather depressing one, since apparently he felt the same way. Still, closure, I guess?

Oh, and on the eve of battle, Mr Captain dude tells huis wife she better be prepared to kill herself, because he wouldn't want her to leave a corpse that wasn't beautiful. The he walks off, giving no fracks while she falls to her knees crying.

Yeah, I'mma think you ought to have a divorce, duck; sounds like more than enough grounds as it is.

I think my issue with this is going to be it is seems like it is going to be rather hard to wrap this up in another six episodes, it feels like this is sort of the first arc. Sure, they'll knobble the enemy ship in the next episode or two, but that only leaves fou episodes to, like, beat the empire and/or find somewhere to escape to. So might be a bit of wet fart of an ending; we'll see.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2019-08-27 at 09:24 AM.