Quote Originally Posted by Moxxmix View Post
... Not being so heavily locked into "natural environment" approaches that an "urban ranger" is difficult to implement. One notable type of this would be the Bounty Hunter, which seems like it would fit in nicely with the Hunter subclass...

Ranged attacks feel natural for all subclasses, though most would likely use bows, whereas the Bounty Hunter would more likely use crossbows (or guns, if available).
Isn't the urban bounty hunter/urban hunter incapsulated quite well by the rogue?

Quote Originally Posted by Moxxmix View Post
Quarry:
Another alternative could be, "Once per turn, before you make any attacks, you may designate a target as your quarry." This avoids using a bonus action to designate the target (as with Hunter's Mark) so it won't impact dual wield, while also preventing switching quarry mid-turn. It also seems much simpler than trying to mix it with attack actions, though may be abusable with Dodge + Quarry for defense (though whether that's a bad thing is debatable).
I must say that one of the things I realy like about this rework is that it doesn't require setup. As in "bonus action, then attack". It feels much more organic to simply attack, and then go from there. The constant "I cast hunter's mark and then take my turn" feels weird to me.

With the new capstone of "50 dmg" and also with the healing of "+ranger lvl"; isn't it more fun to put some dice as the dmg/healing? Instead of a fixed amount? Also to differentiate the healing more from the paladins lay on hands, which is a fixed pool where you choose how much you heal.