1. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Warhammer 40K Tabletop Thread XXXVIII: toy soldiers r srs bsns

Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post
    Tactical squads killed off to make room for Intercessors*
    I don't know if you've kept up. But the main...Issue...Is that Boltguns are no longer a relevant part of the game.
    The switch from 7th!AP5 (Everything that wasn't a Marine 'died to Boltguns') to 8th!AP- (Everything gets a save vs. Boltguns) was a huge kick in the junk to all Astartes players. After all, baked into the design documents of 8th Ed. was 'Make not-Marines good.' and rather than doing one thing, they pulled a classic GW and did two nerfs instead of one:
    1. Nerf the problem.
    2. Buff everything else.

Creating a simultaneous double-nerf, which put most 7th Ed. Astartes lists (based around Tactical Marines, that is) in the toilet. The arrival of Primaris Marines had nothing to do with Tactical Marines becoming irrelevant. T4 and a 3+ save is fairly good, considering the current meta. The problem is 13 12 Points and carrying a weapon that does ****-all. Sternguard, carrying an AP-2 Boltgun with the option of +1 to wound, is the new 'standard Marine'.

In the 8th Ed. meta, the new 'standard' Marine weapon is a Storm Bolter. Deathwatch are what you play now if you want to play old!Marines. However, with Shock Assault and the rising tide of Thousand Sons Supreme Commands, Grey Knights are becoming relevant again. So that's neat.

Re: Blood Claws being good again: Right, the Vigilus thing. So I need to pick up a $40 ebook for what, 1 page?

My sarcasm detector is terrible, so I don't know if [including both <Character Dreadnoughts>] was an honest suggestion or a joke. I just saw a challenge and accepted it.
    No. It's real. LansXero even suggested it...My comment was more to do with the fact that you weren't playing to Space Wolves' strengths, and then showing you what a 'real' (in quotes) Space Wolves player would try and do.

Quote Originally Posted by LansXero View Post
    Have you considered a Dreadnought? The Characters are shooty enough and still get to Heroic Intervene 6" so thats not nothing.

So yeah, jamming both Bjorn and Murderfang into 1000 Points really is what a lot of Wolf players try and do - for better or worse.

...You misunderstand, I will make it Dreadjammer.
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2019-08-29 at 10:32 PM.
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome