Quote Originally Posted by DwarvenWarCorgi View Post
Ibuprofen/acetaminophen/aspirin (and alcohol FYI) all erode your stomachs mucus lining, contributing to ulcers/GERD/Barrett's esophagus and other similar issues, which can lead to stomach cancer when unchecked. Naproxen is supposed to be not as bad. Did them all for years along with years of acid reducers, nexium (which helps regrow your stomach lining, but one of the side effects is abdominal pain, ask me how I know lol). Coconut oil or a MCT supplement can have the same Healing effect by promoting healthy bacteria growth in your GI tract (my uncle did coconut oil pills for a year with great results after I went through the pharmaceutical nightmare I did).
In truth, it's pretty amazing that I'm not an ulcer-ridden health disaster. Not just the ibuprofen and the damage that does to GI tracts, but the cocktail of health problems that unchecked stress, anxiety and depression cause. Honestly, I should not be in as good overall health as I am. I just knocked on my desk, though I don't think it's real wood.