Fiellel slowly makes her way along the Leucrotta path into the grove. While somewhat dense, none of the trees are overly tall and are very evenly spaced. After 50' or so you have to assume they were planted. The Leucrotta's tracks are similar to oversized deer, and fairly easy to spot in fresh snow. 150' or so in, you spot two dead orcs outsides what looks like a small burrow.

Careful examination of the lair finds that the burrow contains what you suspect is a goblin, dead for two days or more. Only suspect as it is missing a head or arms. The stench from the Leucrotta is overpowering, thankfully the burrow is small with a wide opening. There are some bone fragments scattered in the burrow, but not many or large ones. The corpse is wearing small-sized studded leather armor, with a fair amount of mud and blood on it but in good shape. Also on the corpse are 5 days hard rations, 2 waterskins, 20 crossbow bolts (small light crossbow), and 2 daggers at the waist. A coin pouch contains 40 gp and 100 gp in small gems. A nearby amulet is solid black with a purple border. Also nest to the goblin is a well-worn wand and a scroll case, sealed.

The orcs are wearing a breastplate and hide armor, respectively. The breastplate has specs of rust but looks sturdy, the hide armor is rotted in places and has several holes. By comparison, the two great-axes near the bodies are in fantastic shape, though with some blood and dirt on them. The handles have detailed and well made leather for grip, and the blades look quite sharp. Both masterwork, at a guess. They have 50 gp between the two of them, and each carries 2 days hard rations, 1 waterskin, and a dagger. A small-sized light crossbow is several feet from the orc corpses. The one wearing a breastplate looks like he had his throat torn out, the one in hide armor dozens of small cuts. The one in the breastplate has a stone necklace with a crudely shaped eye in the center, the one in hide the same black/purple disc as by the goblin. You think the black/purple discs may be silver but its hard to be sure. The orcs look roughly a day dead.

Fiellel circles the clearing twice, then addresses you: (Common):"As I suspected, the Leucrotta looks to be alone. They do often travel in pairs or small groups but never separate for long. When you are done, I'll walk with you to the fort but there I must leave you. I hope to be in Sundabar by nightfall, and I have much to report."