Hmmm, what ranged attack for the basic grass mons then? Razor leaf is a bit of heresy since they're only meant to learn it after Acid but I'm willing to overlook that. Or no ranged attack at all for oddish/bellsprout and just make them melee only to make full use of their poison auras?
Ahh good question. Razor Leaf is perhaps a viable choice here?
Still nasty enough to make a decent in armored people. But not as bad as a crossbow at going though both shield and guy behind.

Most of those sound good, just don't really want to make attacks with the same name but different stats. Pokémon all share the same pool of attacks. Dancing air shield acid-less size 2 garden bellsprout it will be (that evolves into size 3 airshield acidless garden weepinbel and size 4 garden Victreebel).

Although maybe you missed it but the most recent released version already has a Venusaur Vine graft item. Although no extra prot/HP (yet).

Also shield bellsprout and furs oddish stay since I already coded them and prepared the sprites and no way I'm letting them go to waste now plus I've grown to quite like the view of pokémon with shields and assorted weapons
Im glad you like them. Hopefully they should make Celadon a little more fun. And potentially also be ready for next game. After Celadon wins this one.
Hah.. also fair if you already made sprites. I think i find the idea of shields on some pokemon a little to silly.
But oh well, my fault for not suggesting this earlier :D

And yeah i missed the Vine graft on the latest release.
All the same, then i do still think it need more than vine shield to survive even just fighting PD.