Quote Originally Posted by Morgana View Post
I didn't said that this was the only way, just that the everything the fans have came up with thus far has been kinda uuh not good.
Yes, because you're implying that just because the fans haven't come up with something to interest you, that this somehow makes The last Jedi good or its script decisions good. Neither hold.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgana View Post
And you can't really compare Luke and Yoda, one is way more plot integral than the other, and even Yoda is consistently shown to fail and make bad decisions. Hell, one of the major reasons Vader even fell for the dark side in the first place was cause of the Jedi council which Yoda was part of being REALLY bad with mentoring people dealing with emotional issues.
(1) Yoda disagreed with the Council's decision to train Anakin, and specifically disagreed with the decision to let Obi-Wan Kenobi train him. That's right there in The Phantom Menace, towards the end of the movie. Can't put the blame for those decisions at his feet.

(2) The Jedi Council didn't seem to have any problems mentoring people dealing with emotional issues for the previous thousand generations or so, as evidenced by the fact that they exist and have existed for a thousand generations. The Council had a problem mentoring someone who'd been told by Qui-Gon Jinn that he was the Chosen One, who had been targeted by a very potent and largely invisible Sith, had been groomed for much of his life by said Sith ("Your guidance more than my patience"), but I can see the most competent of psychologists and psychiatrists not doing much better in that space.

Seriously, this 'lol Jedi Council doesn't know how to mentor people dealing with emotional issues' is on a par with the assertion that Yoda was perfectly on board and okay with Luke's friends dying: it really, really misses even the context the films give it. And it's a depressingly common misapprehension from the fandom so far as the prequel trilogy is concerned.