Quote Originally Posted by Leviatana View Post
Yorrin,

I really like your guide and been using it for the past week or so as I have been brainstorming my light domain cleric but perhaps you can help me take the following into consideration. I intend to play a variant human in Curse of Strahd.

We're using a custom point buy system. We have 30 available points, max 16, min 6 and 16 attribute is down to 10 point cost.

My current stats I'm considering is 10 str, 14 dex, 13 con, 12 int, 16 wis, 10 cha
I would bump the wis and con up with the variant stat to 14 and 17 respectively.
I then figured Observant might be nice for the added wisdom and perception/investigation and the ability to read mouths but I seen you also mention War Caster been nice even if you're not in melee range (which I originally felt like this was for)

Do you think it's worth switching up to 17 wis and grabbing War Caster instead or by chance grab War Caster/another feat (with +1 wis) on level 8. I honestly have a really hard time now deciding on what would be the best option here.

Our team is Barbarian, Paladin, Monk, Warlock and me (Cleric) if that matters.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you in advance!
Both are solid choices. I think I would go for the 18 with observant and save Warcaster for next time. The reason is that Concentration checks are super easy at very low levels and as a light cleric you probably aren't holding a weapon most rounds so your casting wont be heavily impacted by somatic components. The +1 to spell attacks and spell DCs (and healing) will be much more impactful at low levels and the passive perception/investigation, depending on your DM, might be huge.