Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
You know, I've never played that game. When it comes to card games I'm more of a Munchkin or Knockout Whist kind of person.

Anyway, playing some Ultima VII really made me appreciate hoe bad Ultima IX's dialogue is. Both games have dialogue meant to help get new players up to speed, but while the Avatar in Ultima IX is the idiot who can't remember anything, conversations with old friends in Ultima VII give the impression that the Avatar is closer to a light hearter joker/troll. I can fully imagine the Ultima VII Avatar asking Dupre (Dupré? I want to spell it Dupret) what a knight is just for the reaction she'd get from him. It really is a masterpiece of writing, managing to flesh out the Avatar's Personality with nothing but topics and other characters' responses.

I also just finally got around to picking up Wrath & Glory, and I'm actually liking it a lot more than I expected. It's a worth successor to the old games, and I really want to play a Guardsman in a group of Astartes now.
It's actually a very popular card game. It's inspired by video games and a mix of D&D. I've heard of Munchkin and it's has so many expansion sets. I've never heard of Knockout Whist. But I use to play Munchkin a while back but I lost interested. But I love playing Boss Monster and it's inspired me to use the Hero Cards as D&D 3.5 character sheets and also to write Pathfinder Fan-Fiction stories.