Metal gleams in the harsh light of the room. The smell of wood smoke and holy incense against the background smell of the ship. Icharus sits there for a long second before answering. Though not clear under his helmet, the white flash of teeth appears through several breathing slits.

What gave me away? Was it my horns? My necklaces of frogs? Or was it the new master treating other people's secrets like shiny baubles to show off at a party?

He turns to Raine. His tone drops the humor and he spreads his arms.

Forgive me, Sister Ravidia. I shall answer you. I consciously put out twos candles, three weeks ago after I sustained some head trauma. Thats It. I have no wish to pursue this curse further. Not without the Emperors permission, but someone-he jerks his head at the now vacant throne- had other plans.

The sarcasm comes back a little.

Other than that I am just a backwater brute. I have been in small wars where horse and catapults won the day, and later I served the by repairing some war machines for the Adeptus Mechanicus. Other than that I don't know why I was brought along, maybe for my ability to put people at ease.

Icharus picks up the signed writ from Calad.

I shall be an envoy of your house, Mast-... Calad. The same kind that doubtless gets less attention than a House Lord, but still enough to cause problems if ignored. As for an escape plan, I think we can all agree a ship of 100 to 200 thousand souls would be a better place to hide than fight as only five.
If our ruse is discovered we could try to either steal the ships flight data or capture a officer who knows something. We could have a small second team as reinforcements. If the necessity arises we could even try to escape via the ships ongoing salvage operation, either in a smaller craft recovering salvage or even as a life pod amidst the debris.

Who knows? We will most likely abandon some of the plans we are making here as soon as we get on board. We need eyes and ears. We can work out our cover stories though, if that part of the plan still appeals to all.