View Single Post

Thread: Help with Mutants & Masterminds

1. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Help with Mutants & Masterminds

Quote Originally Posted by IllegalCatToss View Post
    - Is there leveling, and how does leveling work?
    Right now my gm is asleep, otherwise I would ask him these questions. Also I plan on learning this game so I can run it for friends, so understanding this game is kind of a need.
    you have probably received all the help you need but i'll toss in a few cents...

your PL is your level and, in 2e, there is a book that provided a level progression. this next part is important; This game lacks requirements for BAB, toughness (your HP) and your saves. it is incredibly easy to make a character that can't handle anything the GM throws your way due to lacking those features. That is why the level progression in Mastermind's Manuel was, and is, so helpful; at PL10 your BAB, Defense, good save(s) and bad save(s) should be sitting around +10 / +10 / +7 / +3 respectively.

if you do decide to GM then keep that in mind. It is vary hard (impossible if the players don't notice) to GM a game with both a Superman and a vary mortal Batman in the same room. make a graph that shows each heroes name, BAB, Defense, fort, will, and reflex. try to keep the super villains near them (usually above by 2-4 points in they solo) so as to not unnecessarily overwhelm them.

things like this are often overlooked until it becomes a problem.
    Last edited by Alcore; 2019-10-10 at 08:42 AM.