Spoiler: Alyona
Show
"Kyaaah! I cook for the Sins every week anyway, I can make enough for you two also! Let's make a big Russian dinner for the Kuznestovs to celebrate tonight! Do you have ingredients? Should we go shopping? Let's get started right now! Um, if it's a good time?"

Liza bounces on her heels, barely able to contain her excitement. She's making a new friend from her motherland, getting very confident at Japanese, and found a way to begin to repay the Lt.Com. for everything she's done up 'til now.

"Hey hey, what's your mother like at home? Does she work really hard to be motherly, or is she like an old man? 'Alyona, bring me a beer!' Ahaha, I can imagine both ways! I only know her at work, but now that you and I are friends, I wanna learn so much about both of you!"

Her questions might be coming across as intrusive, but they're fueled by excitement and innocent curiosity this time. She's not yet aware of the undercurrents of her heart that want to take the Kuznestov family for herself...

Spoiler: Kazuma
Show
Liza lets out a frustrated sigh and shakes her head. Unconsciously, she shifts her weight away from Kazuma, hinting at her instinct to run from this difficulty even now. But she's not done yet. Not until she gets what she wants from the commander - either a lesson she can actually use, or an admission of his failure as a teacher.

"Do you truly not understand? We Sins are children, not some bullheaded and disciplined soldiers. We learned to survive in a world where adults could beat and kill us with their bare hands at their whim. Some of us are still living in our nightmare. A child has no strength to win fights, only fastness and cleverness to avert them. For the first time, I have people I want to protect. I do not have time to... to un-train my body, so I want to learn to apply my instincts to CQC instead of fighting both my enemy and myself. If you cannot teach me, admit it and introduce me to who can. Stop acting like you are better only because you are stronger, or you will kill the people who try and fail to become you."

Her attitude turns colder as she goes on. In the course of constructing phrases in her head, she thinks about her problem in more depth, and she starts to believe that this man is not merely irritating, but a blind fool who endangers everyone she currently cares about. If he can't accept that not everyone can manifest his strength and determination, and that there are other kinds of strength besides that which he cultivated in himself and his soldiers, then he has no understanding of the people he presumes to lead, and will lead them to disaster the moment he tries to push them into roles they are unsuited for.

She very much wants him to prove her wrong. People can open their eyes, or reveal hidden depths, or accept their shortcomings and expand their awareness. But if he continues to prove her right, well... She may still have to find out whether or not she can kill to protect the Sins.

Spoiler: Murayama
Show
Liza takes Murayama's response as permission to enter. A little tentatively, she walks across the room to sit in the chair between the bed and window.

"The truth is... I already am in security work. The world's security and the Sins' security. You can't be shot for all of us." She smiles weakly.

"Since I learned Japanese, more people talk to me. They ask me who I want to grow up to be like. It seems Lt.Com. Kuznestov is the only role model I have who didn't die in the Rapture. So I want... other ideas. I respect you, because you risked your life to save mine. Not many adults would do that. Will you tell me why? For what reason you became S2? How you put the lives of strangers before your family or yourself?"