Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
Yeah, this was pretty freaking good.

Spoiler: Saw the whole season, so spoilers
Show

This was quite a journey, I must admit.

We have Glimmer going from nervous unsure princess not knowing how to take up the role as Queen, to a Glimmer becoming some reckless utilitarian queen who uses a super-weapon to wipe out the enemy forces but tries to mend her mistake at the end but fails.

we have cheerful Bow being driven to despair multiple times over all his friends fighting each other and doing things alone.

we have Scorpia going from loyalist Horde captain to outright traitor who makes friends with princesses in the end wants to just save Catra and Hordak.

we have Razz turning out to be a mixed up senile time traveler of all things (how!?)

we have Light Hope turning out to be EEEEEEVIL! so all you those who predicted it last season? you can say you called it.

we have Shadow-Weaver not having any nefarious plans at all and just taking up creepy gardening, and being an actual reasonable vizier and teacher in the end, which actually is surprising.

Double Trouble is great and a needed character to make everything work this season, like wow, this guy from his flamboyance to his observation skills to his acting and shpaeshifting to how much he keeps his cool even when he is captured, and how he emotionally toys with everyone around him just makes him a great villain, I think he has backstabbed pretty much almost everyone this season.

next we have Adora going from triumphant hero to being a leader in all but name who is arguing with the queen, to defying Queen glimmer to save a friend, to breaking the sword itself to stop the weapon (Glimmer just failed to destroy the black crystal so while she tried to save things....its Adora who made the save. still, Glimmer tried she tried to stop her own mistake) finding out it was Light hope who brought her here, and becoming depowered because of breaking said sword. real smooth. and thus the world was saved by Adora.

and finally, the best part: we have Catra, going from easily beating Hordak at the beginning of the season, to basically driving away anyone thats left from Scorpia to Hordak to those three expendable guys that she can possibly call a companion in any form, until she is utterly insane and broken from the loneliness yet still can't stop old habits and driving away people even more, then Hordak finds out about Entrapta from Double Trouble goes on a rampage trying to kill Catra not having any of her nonsense anymore, until finally even the paid spy/saboteur betrays her so he can be on the winning side and rub all her own failures and flaws in her face, saying that she was the reason why everyone left her all along. WOW. stick a knife in her and twist it 360 degrees, why don't you?

oh and then Hordak, Glimmer and Catra get abducted by Horde Prime, Hordak tries to say he is still loyal, but Prime is like "nah, reading your mind, you lied, brainwash him." then says "now I'm going to leave forever and never return- after destroying this planet!" but then at the very end, Catra saves the world by pointing out
"uh, no? this planet is actually a weapon, you can use it to like, enforce your empire and rule everything, don't destroy it"
Horde prime: wow! my screen says that as well, I'll do that.
and thus Etheria was saved....by Catra.

I can only imagine the conversation Glimmer and Catra have afterwards being something like this:
Glimmer: why did you hand over this super-weapon to the all-conquering overlord!?
Catra: hey I just saved this entire planet from Horde Prime killing us all by giving that info, you should be thanking me. its not as if either of us have enough power to stop him
Glimmer:.......I'll concede your point. but I'm figuring out a way to bring him down eventually
Catra: so you can take over and rule the universe yourself? yeah that is what I was thinking to.
Glimmer: No! to save everyone! ugh!
Catra: oh right, stupid princess nonsense.

this was just....Characters Having Breakdowns: the season. the writers were merciless, nobody won except Horde Prime. and this time, the big super-weapon was activated by the good guys.

it just ended badly for everyone. Best season yet. *applauds*
Spoiler
Show
Double Trouble is a they, not a he. Which really makes sense for a shapeshifter. I wonder why more aren't non-binary.