Spoiler: Aoba
Show
"This is my responsibility. You can join me if you think it would help, but I can't delegate this."

He types a brief email to Ryall on his computer, then stands up and grabs his phone.

"Irina, I'm coming to you. It is. Alright."

He pockets the phone and looks to you. "Let's go."

-----

Irina is in her home - on base due to her mobility issues. It looks like Alyona has yet to arrive.

"<You promised...>" Irina looks up, then switches to Japanese when she sees you. "When I came to this country, you promised that my daughter would be safe."

"I'm sorry, Irina. But I can't have her monitored at all times - you know she would be miserable."

She puts her weight on her cane to stand, and stares him down. "Let me tell you something about misery, Kazuma. I named that Sin my protege, had her in my home, and shared with her a family gathering I hadn't observed since the death of my husband. You gave that Sin the skills she needed to..."

"Then I have failed in my duties. I can't change that. I can only affect the decisions I make going forward. We are going to present two NJP options. Both will include restricted movement, electronic tracking, and mandatory therapy. She can either choose to have one week with a drill sergeant who has been ordered to see that she's not let off lightly, or she can tribute the end of her finger."

"Those are... wildly different options, Kazuma. No one would chose to mutilate themselves, given another choice. Especially if that choice is a mild workout."

"You misjudge the accused, and seem to have forgotten basic training."

Irina doesn't reply, mulling over the information. Kazuma looks to you, apparently unsure of how to proceed.

Spoiler: Ryall
Show
You receive an email from Kazuma, asking you to meet him in his office in four hours.