Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaman View Post
Around everything you've said about your design. For any other design you would not spend this much time talking about hate cards.
Yeah, but A) set isn't fully designed, B) you haven't seen other cards C) I have yet to play test it.

No aggro doesn't cover it. Aggro is trying to kill them before they Ascend, but you can also build a deck that can go toe to toe after they have ascended. Ascending doesn't just win you the game on the spot.
Again. You're still the beatdown or the value deck. You're going to win using Aggro or Control strategy.

when you get 10 poison counter you lose the game.

The fact that you need to make the poison burn cards also burn again just show how bad the mechanic is.
As stated in rules yes. There are cards, in the other 260+ cards, that make you immune to poison, either by outright stopping it or by making you not lose when you hit 10+ counters.

That's not the reason why that spell deals damage. Reason number one, to punish decks that go too much into inflicting self poison. Reason number two, cards that make you immune to poison, don't make you immune to damage. Reason number three, there are damage synergistic cards.

I stand corrected. I did search the scryfall for spells that use Redirect wording. Also that effect, outside of WAR was last seen in World Wake. It's not a common mechanic for red. At best it's tertiary.

Silence doesn't interact with the stack. It keeps cards from being played, that is practically the opposite of interacting with the stack.
Wait, so by preventing something, you're not interacting with it. Phew! For a minute I thought blue can interact with spells on stack

Why would you ever do that?
A) She's a creature
B) She's a Human
C) She's 2CMC
D) There was a lot of Infect in meta
E) Friend suggested it

Seasons of Growth isn't a card you want to be playing in the first case.
It's played in main deck of Infect decks, that managed to win a tournament.

So how does the fact that they can deal 20 damage through Melira with a nut draw mean it's easy for them to deal 20 damage?
It goes to show, even a Melira that isn't removed can be safely ignored. The nut draw was the SoG and two lands, everything else was pretty standard. He scried and drew the scried cards, so those aren't that crazy.

No. Your commons should not be filled with narrow hate cards, especially not ones too weak to see constructed play.
What do you mean "filled with narrow hate cards"? There are three hate cards in card pool of 110 commons and 280 other cards. Granted they are commons, but not that common.

The blue one is a mirror pair to a red card that inflicts poison. The green one is a fancier fog, and I'm considering removing the black one.

Preventing counters is preventing poison.
Eh. Not really. Preventing +1/+1 counters isn't really preventing poison is it. Preventing counters on players is anti-poison/anti-energy.

Preventing counters is green/white.
Really?

Preventing damage is green/white
Dovin Baan disagrees.