Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaman View Post
I would cut Joiner Adept for it.

The cube has literally two synergy cards for zombies. That's not an archetype.
And return from extinction I guess.

That just seems bad. If you want a butt there are way better cards, and if you want a blink there are way better cards.

That's not the kind of card I would want in this type of cube.

I think I would have murderous cut instead.

The problem is cubes need to be intuitive. When people read the nonartifact text on Whipflare they think it's relevant.

It still seems really weak. There has to be better trample enablers around.
If you had aura synergy I can see it being good enough.

A 3/4 that requires you to play two colors, and cries against graveyard hate is pretty terrible though.
Gelectrode, Frostburn Weird, Izzet Guildmage, all seem better, though Izzet don't have that many cards that would be good in this format.

If you're going to reward people for playing mono you shouldn't be doing it in just one color though.

The archetypes should all have roughly the same level of specificity. Equipment is for instance much harder to do than aggro. Some of the more specific ones also don't have sufficient support.
Joiner seems like a fair cut. It's mostly there to help enable the five color decks like the Hymn of the Wilds, Emissary's Ploy, and Chamber Sentry decks.

Dreamstalker has actually played fairly well, but it *is* a low draft pick...I'll start searching for alternatives.

I think this one is a difference of opinion. I've seen it played to great effect.

Cut is probably better than Mob, but I'll have to track down a copy first.

That's a pretty good point! I should make that swap, then.

It's slow for sure, but it's not bad. There *are* a few other options for that slot; Cartouche of Strength, Ferocity of the Wilds, Mob Mentality, and Nylea all seem alright. But I do want to try to not replace cards with betters cards if it's constnatly creeping the acerage CMC of the cube upwards; I had that problem for a bit and it made the format a little too durdley.

Spellslinger is tough to do on both a money *and* mana budget. It's probably the weakest Izzet card, but I'd be unsure what to put in it's spot. Maybe something like Adeliz?

Supporting all the archetypes equally has been a real challenge. The Equipment archetype in particular is tough since other decks can decide they want the sticks as well and you're left with bad creatures that don't do anything; the most recent change was to add the color equipment from M20. I'm probably going to try to squeeze Embercleave and either Godsend or Mace of the Valiant as the next step to try to curb that issue if the deck continues to under-perform.