1. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Thread of Relentless Gaming Positivity and Gratitude

I'm glad for last year's trio of fighting games that have remained my favorite multiplayer titles of choice for two years now: Dragon Ball FighterZ, BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle, and Super Smash Brothers: Ultimate. From DBFZ's crazy pressure and lengthy combos into the flashiest supers in the genre, to BBTag's general ridiculousness and roster full of characters I find fun to play, to Smash Brothers' much tamer gameplay but roster absolutely full of some my favorite video game characters ever (especially after this year's DLC - still amazes and delights me to have Banjo & Kazooie in Smash at long last, and Joker was an incredible surprise too). Those three have been wonderful fun for more hours than I'd care to try and count.

Also, in that same vein, I'm thankful for the existence of ArcSystem Works as a company. Not only do they make some of my favorite fighting games (see the above Dragon Ball and BlazBlue games), but even the ones I'm less of a fan of are utterly gorgeous and have amazing music, basically at a bare minimum.

I'm also thankful for Hearthstone's new mode, Battlegrounds, which is a breath of fresh air at a time when playing the game normally is pretty miserable. It's actually making it hard for me to even care about the upcoming expansion, outside of wondering how Battlegrounds will be updated when it comes out. Especially since Battlegrounds is a mode where I don't need to worry about having a card collection, at all, which also costs no gold to play the way only other such mode in the game, Arena, does. It might have just rescued that game from losing me due to the other things they've done with it the past couple of years that I haven't liked.
    Last edited by Zevox; 2019-11-29 at 05:47 PM.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis