Quote Originally Posted by Maat Mons View Post
When I did my homebrew melee invoker, I made all the invocations of this sort Swift actions, because Swift action spells/spell-like abilities never provoke attacks of opportunity.

I didn't give attacks as part of casting either. The invocation just charged your weapon up with magic that boosted all your attacks with that weapon until the start of your next turn. (Or some of them would only boost the next successful attack, but would still dissipate at the start of your next turn even if you made no successful attacks.)

You could then just make an attack. Or make a full attack. Or make attacks of opportunity. Or initiate a strike maneuver. Or use some other ability that involved making one or more attacks, but which was an action unto itself.

Not to toot my own horn, but I feel it was a simpler and more versatile approach. Plus, there were no weird interactions with Quicken Spell-Like Ability.
Exactly what I do with those invocations. HB is awkward to use, EG is overly specific. Swift action to add your blast damage to any melee weapon until your next turn is simpler, and isnt usually the best choice for the d6HD light armored guy with low physical stats.