I once lost my temper. This doesn't seem that bad, but I'm the guy who seems totally cool, then explodes. See, I was trying to run a campaign, and had decided to first do a one shot, then the campaign. Well, everyone makes their characters, with some new stuff from the PHB2, which by this time I hadn't even read, but I trusted these guys, and really, they didn't do anything to stupid.

Then, at the end of one of the one shot, the winter wolf had turned to the PC's side. Then one PC decides that he needs to kill it. He was a druid. A Neutal GoodDruid. He attack, and by than he was labeled as a problem character(this was our first game with him, but the stories he told of previous ones) Now, I basically said that his character was gone, so he had to make a new one. Then, I went to bed, because we had pulled an all nighter, and I already guessed that a tired DM is bad.

So, everyone, but one, decides to make new characters, and the remaining one got all the loot from the old party. Problem 1: 2(including Problem PC), used Psionic. This was the first time I had ever seen the book, and again no reading. The Players "missed" the rule about limits on manifesting, and broke I don't know how many other rules. The other Player to remake a character made a Knight, but neither of us really knew how its abilities worked, but at least I knew the gist of it. Also, Problem PC, I later found out, had spent more money than the had for equipment.

So, I wake up and was somewhat angry, because I had told them that the original characters were to be used for the campaign, except for the guy who's character got "killed". Plus they had used unapproved materials. But they argued that it wouldn't be unbalancing, that their other character sheets were gone, and that I had told them they could make new characters(remember, I was 3/4 alseep while they were upgrading their original characters).

I relented, because we were here to play DnD, so I start the campaign, which was RHoD. I now, previously a player(a psion now) had convinced me that the back meant the adventure was for 6th level and up, and I had already decided I would tak it easy on them. Big mistake.

They blew through every thing until the forest, and used powers increased to a higher degree + Metagaming that allowed to take out any challenges along the way.

Then they challenged my rulings on several of the knights abilities(the psion is defiantly a rules lawyer) ruled that. Eventually, I lost my temper in the climatic battle in the first section. I yelled at all of them, and that pretty much ruined any chance for a good day.

This ruined RHoD for them(its a euphemism for suck now), and turned me against psions and duskblades for a long time. Plus, they still defend themselves with excuses like "But I wasn't sure about thew rules".

I don't play with the psion or the Problem PC anymore, but the other two are great DNDers, for the most part(the knight was the DM in my good warlock and wizard build advice threads, you know, the one who made the 2d4 permanent Intelligence damage with no save spell that hit me once per week if I was discovered as a non-tower wizard). BUt those are thew exceptions.

At least I have learned to read anything before I accept it.