View Single Post

Thread: Custom Erfworld Icons and Wallpaper

1. Top - End - #25
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Custom Erfworld Icons and Wallpaper

Quote Originally Posted by SteveMB View Post
    The result looks pretty good. I had similar problems with the "Dwagon Threat" transparent one I just added to my list; I'm still not entirely satisfied.

(An idea that just occurred to me is to fill the background with medium gray after extracting the existing background and before scaling -- that way, the pixels around the edge would "blend" with medium gray rather than white and come out blending fairly well with the black linework. I haven't had a chance to actually try this trick yet.)
    Oh, now I understand! I paid more attention when giving my current icon a transparent background and saw for myself how downscaling it created a halo of light pixels that didn't look good on the forum. I just manually erased them this time, but now I can picture what you're saying.

In case I change my avatar again, here it is (117x117):

Last edited by Scientivore; 2007-04-28 at 01:15 AM.
    My avatar is a remix that I made of Prince Ansom. Resource credit:
    Spoiler
    Show

Snag some Erfworld avatars and backgrounds, make some lolerfs and motivators (or demotivators), read my Erfworld fanmix, or check out my latest spotlight on an under-discussed webcomic: Head Trip (Scilight #13)!