View Single Post

Thread: ToB: Item Creation [Feats/Magical Items]

1. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: ToB: Item Creation [Feats/Magical Items]

First, about Martial Scrolls:
    While Martial Scroll maneuvers do require preparation, you can use them in several encounters, on different occasions, and more than once per encounter (as you can recover them). Having a maneuver for at least some part of an entire adventure seems pretty useful to me, though I may increase the duration for more than 1 hour.

Though maybe you just don't understand how it works. Basically, you read the Scroll for like 15 minutes and then know the maneuvers it contains for an entire hour (or more), allowing you to recover and ready it. You can do this up to 5 times

The Martial Lore check seems pretty steep though. I should probably lose it.

About the other items:
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroNumerous
    As for creating a magical item.. That makes no sense. How does being physically adept allow you to make magical items? Better yet, how does a Warblade make a Ring of Deflection? It might make sense for a Swordsage. Somewhat. Maybe. Alittle. Not really.
    "Physically adept"? I don't see how physical strength or endurance can allow you to cloak yourself in shadow or create cones of fire. Martial adepts have something mystical about them and they all have some magical knowledge. That, combined with their desire of excellence in battle, allows them to create items that improve their abilities.

I see martial adepts meditating over the weapons they forged themselves to enchant and empower them as pretty flavorful as well.

That said, perhaps some class restrictions are in order. While I can see Crusaders creating various amulets with their deity's holy symbols and Swordsages using their vast knowledge of martial lore to imbue items with supernatural power I can't find a reason for Warblades to have the ability to create such items.
    Last edited by IonizedChicken; 2007-05-09 at 10:28 AM.
    "There is no quote"