View Single Post

Thread: lich ruler

1. - Top - End - #201
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: lich ruler

Earlier...

"Are you alright wizard?"

He tried to respond, Oh, I'm all right, but the thoughts remained in his head as the pain sharpened in his side. "Drink this, it will help sustain you." At that point, he couldn't refuse. He quaffed the bitter almondy cure light potion even faster than the sweet ale back at the tavern. Instantly he felt the soothing massage of positive energy lightly closing and healing his wounds.

My voice was quite loud when I yelled 'hobgoblins.' Where were Zimdo and Loge? I guess Daiy and Neshi will deal with them in the morning.

Martin ate his simple, breaded trail rations and almost wished for Neshi's snake. Almost.

He waved his hands and cleaned himself off with magic, doing the same to his sleeping grounds. Might as well.. He fell asleep, knowing that tomorrow would bring resolution to what happened tonight.

Spoiler
    Show
    Cure light (1d8+1)[3]; Wimpy Martin was at 5/9. Still, I consider the last 10 HP to be much more "wound-causing" than the next 30.

Morning...

Martin hears the noise the hobgoblins are making and goes to check it out.

"What's going on---wha..."

Corpses mutilated. Hobgoblins frantically trying to escape, drenched with their allies' innards. Not a pleasant sight.

"Who? Who did this? Who could do this? Why?" Martin blurts out. He doesn't notice anything but the hobgoblins, staring at them for a good three seconds before he cannot take it. He stumbles back to camp, bewildered.

Maybe an evil creature came in the middle of the night and did it. Maybe that's how the hobgoblins are rewarded for failure by their superiors. But why didn't any of those attack us? Why do I deny what actually happened?
    Last edited by ByeLindgren; 2007-07-05 at 05:01 PM.