View Single Post

Thread: Handy Handy Magic Swords

1. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Handy Handy Magic Swords

Scholar's Blade

When a scholar's blade successfully damages an opponent, information about the creature (or race, in the case of a humanoid opponent) is magically etced into the surface of the blade. Details such as special attacks, special qualities, immunities, weaknesses, and whether the creature has spell resistance are included. However, since this information is listed in terms of the campaign world and not in gaming terms, no number values for any of this information will ever be present. Tilting the blade and moving it closer so the text can be read is a full-round action (the information is fairly detailed). A scholar's blade only retains the information of the last opponent it successfully damaged, and the information fades away after 24 hours.

Moderate divination; CL 10th; Craft Magic Arms and Armor, identify or legend lore; Price +1 bonus.
    Last edited by TheEscapist; 2008-02-03 at 09:37 PM.
    "Playing D&D is a lot like having a venereal disease. Whenever I date a girl, there's always going to be that point in our relationship where I have to be up front and tell her that I play Dungeons & Dragons. And that will definitely have a lasting impact on how/if our relationship progresses."

My Homebrewed Creations:
    The Eight Brothers, Herald of the End, Mherephess, Battle Master, Nemesis Paragon, Scholar's Blade, Weapons of the Big Folk